I Never Want to Forget...

Last night we went to one of our favorite places.  It is a pretty vigorous hike to this place beside the lake.  Keith read a Bible passage to us and we shared a time of prayer.
 
 
We sat there watching it get dark and listening to the late summer evening sounds.  We watched fish jump and saw a bald eagle soar over the trees.  After a while we heard coyotes howling in the distance. (At which point I was sure we had stayed long enough and it was time to head back out!) 



I never want to forget these quiet everyday family outings.  The laughter and the talking, the little ones remembering people we want to pray for...  The older boys asking questions and laughing as I shiver at the eerie howls of the coyotes, afraid of nothing...


I never want to forget the conversations Keith and I have as the children run ahead on the path.  How we talk about everything from common everyday nothings to our dreams for our family's future. 


Please God, let me never forget!

1 comment

  1. Leslie and Anilsa StoverSeptember 7, 2012 at 5:36 PM

    Hello, Erin.
    Keith just shared with me your blog link and I decided to take a look. We are excited about what you and your family are doing to make a difference in the world. You have been and continue to be a blessing and a challenge to us. We thank you for your hospitality and the pleasant (but too short) time we were able to spend with your family when we were in PA.
    Blessings on y'all and on your homeschooling efforts as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!