Superkids Trip Continues!

We are driving through beautiful countryside! It is very lush and green.






There are little villages with rice fields in front of them all along the way. It is very foggy and humid so it creates a sort of haze over the entire scene.

We are going to the Xinyu orphanage. There are 18 children to see there. We requested to just have fruit brought to us for lunch. This should save us quite a bit of time. We have been eating huge, scrumptious meals twice a day. Seriously, the food is so good! I can't believe I ever thought I didn't like authentic Chinese food. Here in Jiangxi the food is very spicy. Gongzhan said that traditionally this is thought to drive the humidity out of your body, so you eat spicy foods in hot climates. I can't say it has been working real well for me. It is hot, hot, hot. And humid oh my, the humidity! I don't think any amount of spicy food is going to help a lot.

OK so scratch the fruit for lunch idea. We had another delicious, huge spread. Anyway, we met a lot of beautiful children again today!

So here is kind of roughly how the days go. Nannies bring children into a room to meet us.







Chelsea and I take pictures and also print one for each child who is old enough to enjoy having a picture of themselves. We blow bubbles, play with balls, play with mirrors and hair bows, or whatever it seems the child enjoys. Pat and Darla evaluate the child and determine not only their overall health, but also give suggestions to the caregivers how to better accommodate the needs of the child. Today we only had two children in the room at a time which was really nice because it gave Chelsea and I time to play with/snuggle each of them individually for a while.







I tried to capture some photos of the gorgeous area we are in. The sights are breathtaking as we drive from place to place. It is too bad that you cannot also hear the Chinese music that is playing as we drive. It just adds to the entire experience.






(I shot some of these photos through a van window.  I'm sorry about the poor quality!)

This trip is one of the most exhausting things, both physically and emotionally, l have ever done. I do not know how to even begin to process the entire experience. I am certain that I will be forever changed. These beautiful, precious, amazing, valuable children will forever be in my heart. And no one will rejoice more than I will as their families find them. And there is no doubt in my mind that Pat, Darla, Chelsea, Gongzhan, and Rocky will be standing right there with me cheering for each of them.

1 comment

  1. That is such a beautiful area. Kids too! Just can't understand why adoption is so slow. There are so many kids. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!