On Buying A Grocery Store

This is all new to us, the whole buying a business thing, the whole getting ready to run a grocery store thing. I mean, who knew that so many vendors were involved? Who knew that getting the POS to communicate with the scales was a very important step in the printing of labels? Who knew that buying produce was one of the most time consuming things an owner/general manager needs to do?


Certainly not me, but I do now!

We are about a week and a half out from taking over. Thankfully the current owners will plan to stay on for a while to help us learn the ropes. I think that is what is keeping these days from seeming overwhelming. As it is we are just pretty excited! We know that the learning curve will steep, but we are counting the days!

Apparently we need 5 gallon buckets of pepper...

It is funny that at the beginning of this year as I was looking ahead I decided to not make this a year of trying to do big things or make big changes, but just to shore up and strengthen the things already in place.

The bulk food room.


So far this year:

That is a lot of changes for a year of no changes! :) :) :)


No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!