Waiting Child- Di Di [Edited]

 
Updated 09/11/2012- Di Di has a family!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Edited]
As I've been thinking about this sweet baby, I felt I needed to share another detail with you.  Part of Eliana's diagnosis was that she had a few seizures shortly after being found.  This is not something we have told a lot of people up to this point but considering that this can be a very scary-sounding problem that may keep people from pursuing adopting little Di Di, I wanted to tell you about our experience with that.  In short, it is a non-issue for our daughter.  Of course this doesn't mean that it will be for Di Di.  But please at least think about the fact that this is not a file or a picture, this is a child.  And whatever her needs may be, her greatest need is a family.

It is such an advantage to be able to speak with a physical therapist who has met a child with a diagnosis like this.  Perhaps that is why we love Pat so much!  Hopefully Pat will be available to speak with any interested families as soon as she is home from China.


As soon as I saw this precious little girl's face on a photo listing, she stood out to me.  That was several months ago and this little sweetheart is still waiting for a family.

Di Di is in an orphanage in southern China. She is only 18 months old!  Her special need is albinism.  At one point I knew so little about albinism, but I've been following a couple of blogs of families who have children with this need. You can meet some of them here and here and here.



Pat Marcus met little Di Di when she was in China in November.  She speaks a little bit about her in this webinar.  you can hear about her from 34:09- 34:53.  I'm really hoping that Pat was able to meet her again since she is in China now.

Another detail about this little darling is that she likes music and musical toys.  I always love those little details that help you to see the child.  She is shy and quiet, but slowly warms up as she spends more time with someone.

Little Di Di's file was recently changed to special focus because she had a couple of seizures.  Her file includes updated medical records after the seizures.  Nothing was found that would have caused them. 

[Another edit]
I should have said that Di Di is designated to Gladney through a partnership program with the orphanage she is in.

Please contact me at erinmrtn@yahoo.com if you want more information. 

6 comments

  1. Hi Erin,

    I follow your blog faithfully, enjoyed your post about making your own yogurt.

    I have been following this little girls file for quite some time now. I have fallen in love with little Di Di. I have contact my agency was told no about adopting her because she is with an American agency and we live in Canada. I hope she fines her family soon, just wish it was our family.

    Thank you for advocating for her
    Emily Schraud

    ReplyDelete
  2. erin, do you know when she was released to the shared list? I just chatted with our agency and they said if she is on the shared list, we can view her file. Just wondering if you have any other info on this little girl?

    Thanks
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily,

    Di Di is designated to Gladney through a partenership with the orphanage she is in.

    I am sorry for not mentioning this in my original post, but I did put that information in now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the "designated to Gladney" mean that her file cannot be transferred? Just curious... And she's beautiful. So glad folks like you advocate so strenuously for all of these kiddoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Gang's Momma,

    That is correct. I think at least they can't transfer the file for a certain period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually contacted the agency about this little girl, as we already have a boy with Albinism and I would love a little sister. But, as I am on anti-depressants, they said I wasn't eligible. Does anyone know if they ever make exceptions to this rule?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!