Gingersnap Bars- Just in Time for Fall

Fall is definitely in the air here in Pennsylvania. It has been quite chilly some mornings recently.  I love this time of year!  I love helping the children pull out jackets and sweaters that have been stored away all summer.



I was trying to figure out what to take to a couple of different events this weekend and thought of this recipe for Gingersnap Bars.  Perfect!  I looked back to see if I had ever posted the recipe here and was surprised to see that I don't think I have.  This is a wonderful, easy recipe that seems especially perfect for this time of year.



The best part?  They only have to bake for 10 minutes, so by the time your coffee or tea is ready your bars are done and you are all set!

Gingersnap Bars
Ingredients

3/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp. ginger
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1 egg
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
2 Tbsp. sugar

Directions

Melt butter. Add remaining ingredients except 2 Tbsp. sugar. Spread in greased 15x10 inch jelly roll pan. Batter will be very thick. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. sugar. Bake 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool 5 minutes and cut into bars
.



Of course, I needed these for a couple of events and it rarely seems worth my time to make a single recipe of almost anything, so I made a quadruple batch!

P.S.  I have a fun post to share with you tomorrow, as soon as I have pictures...

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!