Homeschooling- How Do We Love Thee? #4

Actually, I have several ways we love homeschooling to mention today...



#1. Eliana is 4.  She has been home from China for almost 9 months. She is still learning to speak English, but if you ask her, "What does I say?" she immediately responds with "I says i as in Indian I says i, i, i." Now I have not chosen to try to teach Eliana any formal lessons this year since she is still adjusting to life in America, but she has heard Annika's classes and she is quickly learning letters and sounds.


#2 There are times that I am busy when Casper or Freeland has a question.  Generally Douglas is able to help them, thus accomplishing two things.  The question is answered and Douglas gets to verbally explain the answer thus increasing his own understanding and his ability to communicate effectively.


#3 When you run out of time on Friday, you can always just bump art class to Saturday.  No big deal and everyone has fun!

Hip Homeschool Hop Button

4 comments

  1. Ahh, as a homeschooling mom who's had a not-so-great day with her cherubs, it's nice to see a post like this. Thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #2! Now I don't feel guilty for getting Tyler to answer Shelby's questions sometimes, it's a win win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being able to teach another is HUGE reinforcement of the skill! One of big reasons some teachers use "groups" in projects. Good for you for letting him help his siblings!
    And... I am jealous. Maybe there will be a season I will home school! You inspire me!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing!

    Amy
    www.1001tears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!