Starting School 2014-15

Tuesday was our first day of school. I've been very undecided about a starting date with everything going on with my health, but we decided that we might as well ease on in to the school year this week.  We are not doing a full work load yet, but we are off to a good start!

Because I'm always interested in what curriculum other homeschooling families use, I'm going to give you a quick overview of our curriculum for this year.



Douglas 10th grade:
Saxon Algebra II
CTC Calculus
CLE Literature
Word Voyage English
Apologia Biology
CLE American History



Freeland 7th grade:
CTC Basic Math & Pre-Algebra
CLE Language Arts
Rod & Staff Reading
Apologia Zoology I
US History & Geography (using Drive Thru History and Little Passports)



Casper 5th grade:
CTC Math
CLE Language Arts
CLE Reading (6th grade level)
Apologia Zoology I
US History & Geography (using Drive Thru History and Little Passports)



Annika 2nd grade:
CTC Math
Explode the Code Phonics
CLE Language Arts
CLE Reading
Magic School Bus Science
US Geography (Little Passports)



Eliana Kindergarten:
CTC Math
Explode the Code Phonics
Various Workbooks for K
Magic School Bus Science
US Geography (Little Passports)

CTC is an online math curriculum that we are trying this year. We are only a few days in to the lessons, but so far I am pretty impressed with it.  We will see how it goes as the year progresses. The elementary Science, History, and Geography are all very interactive. We all loved the Apologia Science we did last year.

We have our classroom all nicely outfitted to fit our needs.  We replaced my desk with a love seat so that I can be comfortable even on days I'm not feeling great. It is very nice to have a place to sit with a child to read a story, etc.

We are off to a good start and expecting to learn a lot this year!

2 comments

  1. Have a great school year, Martin family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me laugh. I do enjoy seeing everyone's new school year pictures and hearing what curriculum they're using. BUT it also makes me recognize how...haphazard I can be. IF I was ever organized enough to THINK about new school year pictures, my kids would be mostly in pj's without their hair combed. On a good day #5 might be wearing more than her underwear.
    I hope that you are seeing your health improve each day. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been struggling health-wise recently AND so GLAD to hear that your family is willing/able to step up to the plate. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!