Happy Birthday, Annika!

Dear Annika,

I've never been away from you on your birthday before. Even though you weren't legally our daughter yet on your first birthday we visited you in the orphanage and gave you a birthday gift. And now you are eight! How did that happen!?

I know Daddy will make today extra special for you. I'm sure you will have ice cream and celebrate big! I want you to know how much I love you and how thankful I am that you are my daughter. I'm blowing lots of kisses your way and hope you feel them as they float by on the breeze.

Happy birthday, sweetheart! I am loving you and celebrating you from 8,000 miles away!

All my love,
Mommy

1 comment

  1. My Hannah will be 8 next week. We missed her first 3 birthdays. It's hard to miss out on special days, but I think being there for the overwhelming majority of the "other" days makes it okay.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!