Finishing Our School Year

We have worked hard this school year. We have finished most of our books. The achievement tests have been taken. I have watched as they have grown in so many ways! And now we are almost finished for the year.



Homeschooling is not an easy thing to do. It takes a lot of time and effort. It means that I worry and second-guess myself all of the time (2 AM thoughts- what if I'm ruining them for life!?). But it is also rewarding. I have watched Annika go from being a hesitant reader to being a confident, independent reader of chapter books. I have watched Douglas go from "unable to figure out" some of his calculus problems to working much more difficult ones with comparative ease. Casper has learned to diagram long, difficult sentences. Freeland has increased his mathematical abilities and is ready for Algebra next year. And Eliana? Well, let's just say I no longer worry that school will be difficult for her and I'm really excited about starting first grade work with her next year.




We are looking forward to a break. And I think we may be joining a Classical Conversations homeschool group next year, so we are changing it up a bit to give everyone a little different opportunity.



This week there is a huge homeschool convention in Harrisburg. We have attended the last 3 years. It is a fun place for the children to go. It is such an inspiring community to be a part of!

So here is to a restful summer and a great school year to come!
  

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!