Down By the Crik

Yesterday afternoon we were babysitting little cousins and decided to venture out to the nearby creek. We have had a lot of rain recently and the water was running high and fast. I was a little nervous and spent the entire time counting heads. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7...




But the children seemed to have no such worries and had a great time! Little Brandt sat at the edge of the water and splashed to his heart's content.




Thanks to Douglas and Freeland's help the whole outing was a success!

We came home and Freeland built a fire so that the children could roast hotdogs and marshmallows. Brandt stayed in the house with Keith and I and listened to the song Keith was practicing for his upcoming tour with Oasis Chorale.



After the boys left I asked if Keith and the children would pose for one picture for me. They all looked a bit scruffy, but here they are.



Happy Father's Day to the best daddy around!

3 comments

  1. Oh, my goodness! I just "found" the Oasis Chorale a few weeks ago on youtube. I've never been so tempted to ask for someone's autograph. Stunning! is the best way to describe their music. Will they sing locally...of course, locally is relative...but I would love, love, love to hear them in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are going to be singing in Ontario and Indiana this year. I'm not sure where you are located. The children and I are planning to go to Indiana for the final performance.

      Delete
    2. Crud! Ontario and Indiana are both a bit of a drive for us in Maryland. Oh, well...maybe another time. :(

      Delete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!