First Grade

It is official. This girl is a first grader.



We have two days behind us and so far, so good! She is just adorable as she seriously writes numbers and letters and chants her math facts. Watching her makes me so happy! She is so ready for this and it makes it fun for everyone!



Today her sight word was do. We went over it several times then I held up the card and asked her what the word was. She immediately replied, "Dude!" We will keep working on that one!



As I'm writing Keith is having singing class with all of the children. With the three youngest singing the melody, Freeland singing alto, Keith singing tenor, and Douglas bass they have four part harmony. It is pretty sweet to listen in.

We aren't in the full swing of things yet, but I think we can say school is off to a good start!

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!