A Little Star-Struck

Back when I was first buying a camera and had decided to try to learn photography, I contacted Nancy Meyer from Ordinary Miracles to ask her opinion on what camera and lens I should buy. Then I signed up for a mentoring session with her. And another one. As she has released each of her new photography and photo editing classes I have taken them. I've ooooed and awwwed over her gorgeous photos for several years now.

Last year I finally got to meet her in person and found out that she is as wonderful a person as I thought she would be. We are both Jesus loving adoptive mom photographers. AND WE ARE GOING TO CHINA TOGETHER! Oh yes, we are! I have to admit, I'm a little star-struck at the thought!

Then there is Martha Osborne. She started the website RainbowKids, which is a huge site for advocating for waiting children. She has been advocating for children for years and is an adult adoptee as well as an adoptive mom. Again, when I met her in person, I found out she is a wonderful person who is just fun to visit with. AND WE ARE GOING TO CHINA TOGETHER! I have to admit, I'm a little star-struck at the thought!

I am traveling with many other amazing, talented people whom I admire greatly. But you see, I'm the Superkids photographer and waiting child advocate, so it is just an amazing opportunity for me to travel with these two ladies who have so much experience in these areas. I keep thinking things like, I can't wait to see how Nancy handles that lighting situation... and Won't it be interesting to hear what Martha has to say about that...

So I'm a little star-struck. But mostly I'm just excited, and feel so privileged to learn to know so many incredible people who are willing to fly to the other side of the world in the belief that we can change the world for the children we meet.

2 comments

  1. I wish there was some way that I couod explain how excited I am to travel with YOU! To learn from you. To get your support ('cause I know I'm going to need some already!) I am SO SO SO excited to spend this special trip with you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :sigh: Now I'm even more sad that I can't go this time. We found our daughter, Hannah, on Rainbow Kids, and I've followed Nancy's blog for a long time, too. :pout:

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!