God Has Answered - Again { Part 2 }

A couple of weeks ago we had a unique domestic adoption situation mentioned to us.  A baby due mid-July who was not matched with a family.  We thought about it and prayed about it and said that our family could be presented to the birth mother as a possible family for her baby.  This was a huge step of faith as we had very little information about the situation, but if God brings a baby to us we will welcome it with open arms!

We waited to hear.  And I became quite excited at the possibility.  I have such sweet memories of the time our boys were tiny and even though I really tried not to get excited I did.  That is me.  It is a little embarrassing, actually, but opening my heart to a child makes them "mine" even if it is only for a short time.  Even when I advocate for a child they become mine for a time.  So even though I knew the possibility of actually getting to be this baby's parents was very slim, I still let go of my heart for a bit.

Last Friday, we heard that the birth mother had chosen another family.  And, while I wasn't surprised, I was very disappointed.  Because I wanted God to say, "Yes, this baby is yours!"  and He didn't.

Then on Monday I took Annika to our pediatrician because swollen lymph nodes in her neck and behind her ear.  This was her second visit in the last 6 weeks for this issue.  The pediatrician feels that the lymph nodes are not responding appropriately to treatment and that we need to get a biopsy done to find out what is going on for sure.

Now we are hoping and praying that this is not a serious issue.  And our pediatrician did say that he is not terribly worried, but that he felt this was a cautious approach. The biopsy is scheduled for next Wednesday. 

I wanted to be announcing to the world that we are welcoming another child into our family and instead I am asking you all to pray for our sweet little girl.  The possibility of what we could be facing makes me feel weak in the knees.

I want to be able to trust God with all of the answers, not just when it is the answer I am hoping for.  So God is still answering.  God is still good.

3 comments

  1. praying for Little Annika and you all....

    Adrienne in Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely praying for her healing! Also, I know what you mean about being disappointed...originally with our daughter we're about to bring home we were told NO and then a month later it was YES. Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, the worry preceding the procedure is enough to make you crazy. One time when Ezekiel was about 2, he had petichei fine rash that was actually burst blood vessels. Can be a sign of Leukemia or a virus....was a very long 3 days until we heard that everything was negative.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!