Pumpkin Roll Recipe

I have received a number of requests for my pumpkin roll recipe. And to the people who asked quite a while ago, I am sorry I didn't post it before! I have not made any recently, but with fall just around the corner, we are certainly getting to the time of year for them!

Cake Roll:
  • 3 eggs 
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. ginger
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Filling:
  • 6 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup soft butter
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Line an 11x15 jelly roll pan with wax paper.
  3. Beat the eggs at highest speed for 5 minutes. 
  4. Gradually beat in sugar.
  5. Stir in the pumpkin and lemon juice.
  6. Mix dry ingredients together.
  7. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
  8. Spread cake batter in pan.
  9. Bake for 15 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.
While the cake is baking sprinkle a clean tea towel with a liberal coating of powdered sugar.  When cake is done IMMEDIATELY invert unto tea towel. Quickly peel off wax paper.  Roll hot cake and towel together as tightly as possible.  Cool completely.

While it cools prepare your filling by beating all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.

Once your cake is cooled you can unroll it gently.  Spread your filling over the cake and re-roll carefully.

And there you have it!  Any questions?  Fire away and I'll try to answer!

*I basically use the recipe in Mennonite Country-Style Recipes with a few adaptations.

2 comments

  1. Oh awesome! My neighbor makes these and we buy them every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I may have to try this at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roll looks amazing !!

    It is so much worth the effort when you make something special for a dearly loved one :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!