Six Months

Today I pause in the middle of another busy, ordinary day.  I marvel at how normal it all seems, this life of being a mother to five.  I marvel at how, even though it is pretty wobbly around the edges, we have a routine and life is mostly predictable most days.

Our first glimpse of Eliana.
Six months ago today I walked through the doors of this house for the first time with Eliana in my arms.  I knew we were entering a new normal and that it would not all be easy, and I was right.  It hasn't all been easy.  But it has been good.

I wish I could tell you how far our girl has come in this six months, but so much of her progress is hard to verbalize.  She has gone from seeming like a baby to seeming like a little girl.  She has become so much more confident and secure.  Her language and ability to express herself increases daily.  Her physical development has been phenomenal.  She now runs, jumps, rides a bike with training wheels, and does all the stuff a child should do.  She loves to eat.  Oh my, how this girl loves to eat!  She gives and receives love very freely.

Eliana today.
I know that having her in our family is a miracle.  Sometime I want to tell you how much being her mother has changed me, but today I just want to thank God again for placing her in our family. We are humbled and honored to be her parents!


the long road

3 comments

  1. Heart warming. Your second photo shows such a beautiful, happy confident little girl. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely beautiful!! God is Good! Her smile is priceless!
    Happy Friday!
    God Bless,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eliana is just beautiful. What a blessing from God for all of you. We are just starting on this journey & can't wait to meet our sweet girl. :)

    http://altman5.blogspot.com/2012/07/new-adventure-in-trusting-great-big-god.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!