Homeschooling- How Do we Love Thee? #1

We are newbies to the homeschooling world.  All we have experienced prior to this year is sending our children to a private school.  It is a good school.  Our children received a good education there.  It also involved spending a lot of time driving them to and from school, a lot of time (for them) away from home, and a lot of time that they sat in a desk reading library books because they were finished with their work but it wasn't time to go home.

We started school over a month ago, but there is something about knowing that the private school they attended last year has now started that makes me realize how "right" homeschooling is for our family.

Yesterday I had a number of things I needed to do away from home.

So, everyone started school early.  By 7:30 AM everyone was hard at work.  While they did their work I straightened the house and got myself and the girls ready to go.  By the time I was ready to leave at around 10:30 Freeland, Casper, and Annika were finished with their work and Douglas was half way through his last subject.


Waiting in the capitol building...

They were able to go with me to the state capitol building and witness how the people at the Department of State were so willing to do anything they could to help get the documents needed for my friend's adoption.  They visited with the lady who works with the authentication of documents and she explained what an apostille is.  Douglas made up stories to tell the younger children while we waited in the hall...



The whole thing ended up taking longer than I expected, but it was no problem because the whole crew was right there with me.  No worrying about needing to pick them up, or about not being at home when they arrived.

I think we are all going to like this new venture of homeschooling!


Hip Homeschool Hop Button

2 comments

  1. I take this to mean that you got the precious piece of paper?
    And yes that is the up-side of home schooling

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to "meet" other homeschoolers! I just found your blog and enjoying a trip back through the archives!

    Blessing to you as you serve as an advocate for God's precious little ones.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!