Safely Home

I am home.  Home with my sweet children.  Home with my dear husband.  Home where everything is familiar.  I love to travel, but I love, love, love to come home!

I am so thankful that I was able to go to Russia.  The time ended up being different from what anyone could have foreseen, but that only makes me more thankful that I was able to be there.  You see, my friend didn't pass court last Tuesday.  The judge asked for more documents before the case goes any further.  It was very, very difficult.  Some of the things the judge asked for are very hard to obtain, but we are all contacting everyone we can and praying that God will work this out according to His will.

So much of the time while I was there we spent contacting people in the US, which had to be done at night due to the time difference.  There is still one document that she needs before the judge will schedule another court hearing, so please pray that this document can be obtained.  I plan to try to go speak with someone on Tuesday to see if it will make a difference.


Out of the window as we were nearing the London Heathrow Airport.

The plane that brought me home.

The trip home went smoothly.  All my flights were on time and no luggage was lost, so definitely a success!  I bought a little wooden child's chair that is exactly like the ones in Annika's baby house in Uralsk.  I had to carry it through the airports, but I got it home and I am so tickled to have it!

The chair.  Made in Russia.
 
The family was waiting for me in the international arrivals hall at JFK.  It was so wonderful to put my arms around each of them and hold them tightly. 

They had gifts waiting for me when I arrived home.





We are having a quiet, restful day today.  It is exactly what we need!


1 comment

  1. I am so sorry to hear she's still needing more paperwork. That stinks but Russia is just trying to protect their children. Praying for the last puzzle piece to drop into place so she can bring home her blessing!

    Welcome back to you! Hope you enjoy your family and all the loving they are sure to be giving you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!