Your Labor Is Not In Vain...

Tuesday was the big launch day for the {in}courage community groups.  I am really excited to be a part of this and feel honored to be a co-leader of a group for mothers. You can read all about it and how to join here.  Anyone is welcome to join. I have already been so blessed by the ladies who have joined!  We have a lot of foster and adoptive (or in the process to adopt) moms, which is nice.  But I am just glad to get to know each of the ladies with their different stories who have joined our little community!

I thought I would share one of the bits of encouragement I shared on the {in}couragement for Mothers group.  This is just one tid bit, but I thought it would give you a little taste of the type of group it is.

"Therefore, my dear [sisters], stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58

Do you see that? Our labor- our mothering- is not in vain! When you have corrected the same behavior over and over and it is still showing up, when the baby isn't sleeping, and your floor needs to be mopped every day, your labor is not in vain. Cling to that when you feel tired or discouraged! It is one of my favorite "Mommy" verses. Our labor is not in vain.

Mothering is a ministry. We get to be the ones to share little bits of God's love and grace with our children day in and day out. When we focus on Him, we can be empowered by Him to labor for Him in the glorious ministry of mothering!

And our labor is not in vain."

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!