Be the Change- Guest Post by Pat Marcus

 Pat is a pediatric physical therapist who has traveled to China with Superkids Charity many times.  She is the therapist who met Eliana twice before we adopted her and now twice since we are home.  Thank you, Pat!  The Martin family loves you! 

Following my trip to JiangXi, I've had time to reflect on the children we saw there.  Many have medical needs but are cute as a button, many have very small needs. Some have large medical needs.

They are waiting for the opportunity to blossom in to what they truly are.  Daughters, sons, sisters, brothers, cousins, nieces, grandchildren.  Connected, joined and depended on, expanding families.  They are little miracles waiting for families to open their hearts to them.  When I go to China I have a short time to see these little wonders.  To get a sense of who they are.  What bits of them are so special that I can't wait to tell Waiting adoptive parents about them.  Even in orphanages, children have unique personalities, special likes, dislikes, interests in their limited scope that make them special.  I carry all their specialness in my heart until I can hand each and everyone over to their adoptive parents. These children are all perfect, all special, all amazing, all waiting.  Waiting for the Mom, Dad and family they so deserve.

So on national adoption day, in adoption awareness month, let's go out and help them find homes.  Everyone can do something to assist in this process.  Tell a friend, post to Facebook, write on your blog.  It's simple really, children need homes, we need to help.

For all the parents who have adopted, I celebrate you! The joy of raising a child is unending, and I am sure many of you feel as I do. You get back so much more than you give.  You have all followed the great Gandhi quote "be the change you want to see in the world".

Striving for a productive national adoption month.

Peace,
Pat
Thanks to Erin for posting this. Gladney and I were hit hard by the storm and power problems prevented me from posting.

2 comments

  1. So true Pat. Thanks for helping us become a family of three - eight months ago today. Thanks for giving us glimpses of the special daughter waiting for us and for taking along our package to her to help her prepare for her new family. We will always be grateful to you for your role in expanding our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your daughter is as sweet as she is beautiful. It was so wonderful for me because I had met you both. I could actually say to her, I know your parents. I hope sometime in the future I will run into your family of three.

      Delete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!