Over the River and Through the Woods...

To Grandmother's house we go!!

We are in Texas.  As far as most of my family knows we are just leaving from Pennsylvania this morning.  But we decided to leave early.  Like this (at 3 PM on Friday) :

Me: Maybe we should just go today.
Keith: Maybe we should.
Me: I think I could be ready by 5.
Keith: Okay.  Pick me up at 5.
Me: (to the children) We are leaving in 2 hours, bring the suitcases up...
Children: (in unison) WHAT!?  YEAH!!!

This is not word for word our entire conversation, but it gives you a pretty good idea of how it all went down.

And we have been driving ever since.  Or so it seems.  We have stopped at night to sleep, using Priceline to book hotels along the way.

My how the scenery has changed!
  We did inform one of my sisters (the one we are staying with first) and one of my sisters-in-law.  But, as far as I know, the rest have no idea that we plan to be at their church this morning.  I can't wait to see my mom's face when we walk in!

 
Fun times!  Fun days ahead!  All Eliana can think about is that Grandma has a swing set... the boys are planning on farming and helping Grandpa and the uncles to their heart's content...and Annika is looking forward to helping in the cheese house.  Keith is looking forward to going with my dad when he delivers cheese to stores.  And me?  I plan to help Mom get ready for Thanksgiving and visit with my sisters and brothers and learn to know the little nieces and nephews I hardly know.  I plan to enjoy every minute of soaking in the all the things about family that never change.

2 comments

  1. Erin, what a blessing...family. And what fun surprising them!
    May you enjoy every minute together.
    God bless.
    ~Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy thanksgiving to the entire Martin family. My life has been enriched by meeting you. Thank you for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!