Great Is Thy Faithfulness { or Keeping It Real }

It has been a long week.  And a hard one.  I have been sick.  A frustrating illness that is very real but somewhat unexplainable.

All week I have been a step (or two or three) behind.  It has been one of those weeks where I quickly iron a shirt for Keith as he gets ready for work in the morning.

I had to bake about 30 dozen cookies before a cookie exchange on Friday.  The problem?  My oven was not working.  A little hard to bake cookies without an oven.  My sweet husband bought me a new stove that was supposed to be ready to pick up on Wednesday.  Only it wasn't.  And Keith couldn't pick it up Thursday morning so I did.  And the boys and I hauled it in the house and got it ready to go.  By then I was ready for a nap (remember, I've been sick) but I had cookies to bake.

So I baked cookies.  It was do or die type of baking.  Just get in there and get it done.  I made two kinds of cookies.  Neiman Marcus $250 Cookies and Pumpkin Cookies.  Thankfully it went well and the cookies turned out great.

On Friday morning I felt horrible.  But I had not attended this annual event last year due to illness and really felt I should go.  I knew I did not have anything contagious so off I went.  The boys spent the day with Keith and I took the girls with me. It all ended up fine.  I made it through.  I felt better as the day progressed.  Oh yes, and I came home with about two dozen each of twelve kinds of cookies!

But you know what? I feel (some) better today.  It has been a hard week.  But God is so good and so gracious even when things seem difficult.  I'm thankful that tomorrow is a new day in a new week in a new month.  So here is to a joyous December!

It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3: 22,23

Another picture from Texas.


1 comment

  1. A couple of notes here...I am so glad your feeling better! Two: Yay! You went with the Pumpkin Cookies I suggested! They are yummy and fluffy and so versatile (you can adjust to suit your own tastes). I really hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!