A Word for 2013

I've read about it and heard of others doing it, but I've never chosen a word to inspire me for a specific year.  But I like the idea and wanted to try it for this year.  So...  I've thought and I've prayed.  And I think I have my word.

Perseverance.

Which means,"Persistence in any thing undertaken; continued pursuit or prosecution of any business or enterprise begun..."

You see, I have this little {okay, not little!} problem.  I can come up with lovely schedules and plans.  I can start wonderful projects and have wonderful intentions.  I can plan lots of great things.  But coming up with... starting... planning... doesn't get you anywhere (or at least not very far).  It is sticking to it and finishing it that makes all the schemes and plans a blessing to my family and to others. And that, my friends, is really what I want to be!

"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

And most of all I want to persevere in continuing to  "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." 

So... here is my goal.  I want to think very carefully about what I plan to start or implement (schedules, projects, etc.), I want to be realistic in my goals for myself and my family, and then I want to see it through to completion. 

I'll be telling you a little about some of these goals as we go along.  That way you can all keep me accountable, okay?

1 comment

  1. Oh my, maybe I need to write out my goals for people to hold me accountable too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!