Not Hannah!


It was a sad enough beginning to my day when my youngest and sole remaining healthy child (as of bedtime last night) stumbled sleepily into my bedroom exclaiming, "My head hurts! I'm so cold!"  But the news continued to be dismal as I greeted each child.

Casper- little better than yesterday
Freeland- worse
Douglas- worse
Annika- worse


Not only were 5:5 children sick but Eliana informed me, "Hannah sick too!" as she held up her beloved doll.  Then she placed her little hand on Hannah's forehead and said, "She hot!"  So there you have it.  Even the dolls are sick in the Martin household.



They are all taking naps now.  Hopefully some sleep and the promised milkshakes when they wake up will improve things.

Is it dreadful to admit that I enjoy the opportunity to "baby" them all a bit when they are sick? The boys are getting so big that I don't get this opportunity much anymore with them and I am always keenly aware that the girls did not always have a mommy to take care of them when they didn't feel well.  So there is just something satisfying in relieving their discomfort in little ways.  But I do hope this passes soon!  

2 comments

  1. Awwwww...saying prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you all are feeling better by the time you read this. Winter illness is never good.
    On a side note.. your photography has grown SO much! Just beautiful striking images! You always had an eye for light and capture it so so very well!!!!
    Luv these!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!