Bluebonnets { Texas Trip Part 2 }

Angel Baby (aka Brooklyn)
April is a wonderful time of year to visit Texas! My parents live near Kemp, which is about 40 miles southeast of Dallas.  It is green and lush and lovely in April and the bluebonnets were at about their peak of loveliness!  We took full advantage with several trips to a nearby field just covered in them.  One evening my younger sister, some friends, and one little niece went to see them just as the sun was going down.  The result was a wonderful, golden, glowing back light in the photos.  It was gorgeous!  Couple that setting with a little two-year-old niece all by herself with three aunts who thought she was adorable and we got some cute pictures!

Karis

Karis with Aunt Julie (my sister-in-law's sister)

Karis with Hannah (my youngest sister)



When another sister wanted to get some pictures of her one-year-old daughter (Angel Baby) I knew we had to go back as the sun was setting again. We loaded up a bunch of ladies and as many of the younger kiddos as we could lay hands on and headed over.  We weren't disappointed!

Cassie


Cassie (all dressed up)

Sammie (Cassie's sister)

Savannah & Jason

Aliha (Angel Baby's sister)

Elizabeth (also Angel Baby's sister)

Roseanna (also Angel Baby's sister)

Now I know y'all are wondering how it is that all of these adorable children are in one family.  What can I say?  Whether by birth or adoption we Sams "done good" in the baby department!  (We can cook too! Y'all jealous yet?)

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, Annika and Eliana were there too, but you get to see them all the time, so I thought I'd save those pictures for another day.

Also in case you were wondering, this is only a fraction of my nieces and nephews.  There are soon to be 25 in the Sams family.

Texas trip to be continued...


I linked this post over at The Long Road to China for Favorite Photo Friday.



4 comments

  1. Till now I've just been a lurker on your blog...but I just had to comment. What a good-looking bunch! :) The first picture is the best. Love that baby! You could win a photo contest with that picture!

    - Mary Beth Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are just beautiful! I wish we had the blue bonnets here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to pile all my kids in th car and make the 18 hour drive, think I'll make by sunset? I'm thinking not so much
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!