Ready

The house is cleaned. The laundry is washed, dried, folded, and (mostly) ironed. There are meals in the freezer. The VPN is installed on my computer and iPhone (you can't access a lot of websites in China without a VPN) The suitcases are filling up. I'm writing out schedules so that everyone knows what to expect and do to keep things running while I'm gone. My to do list is almost completed. I'm almost ready.

Tomorrow I need to finish packing and do laundry again just so I'm sure it is as finished as it can possibly be when I leave on Saturday morning. Then it is all up to Keith and the crew for a while! They are very capable and I really don't worry about leaving them to fend for themselves. As a matter of fact, Keith is a pretty detail oriented person and I know I'll come home to the house at least as clean as I'm leaving it.

I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful husband and daddy! The children look forward to spending more time than normal with him while I'm gone. They keep talking about all of the fun things they are going to do with Daddy! And I'm so glad because I have a hard enough time thinking of leaving them and I'm so glad they aren't acting too sad about it or it would be even harder! The few times Eliana has said that she wants to go with me have been hard enough!

I've been thinking about and preparing for this trip for long enough now. It is time to go. Keep praying for the team and for the children we will meet!

1 comment

  1. I'll be faithfully pushing the refresh button! Prayers offered up and will keep at it.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!