Mainly Maine


We spent last week in Maine.  It is a special place to us.  We have been there several times, the most notable of which was our honeymoon!  It seemed fitting to return for our 15th anniversary, this time with five children in tow!  :)

An un-edited photo of a sunset.

 It was a lovely location!  The children had so much fun canoeing and kayaking on the lake.  I also went out in the canoe once.  It rained.  Hard.  And it was chilly.  The next time I decided to go, the words were barely out of my mouth when it started sprinkling then turned to a steady drizzle.  I gave up at that point.  No boating for me.





They also spent a lot of time fishing.  It was like a dream come true for Freeland especially.  How that boy loves to fish and boat!  He was in his element!




We spent lots of time reading and relaxing and trying to balance the comfort of a hot cup of coffee against the discomfort of the outhouse!  We also spent lots of time cooking, or trying to cook, over a fire.  Sometimes we were successful, sometimes not so much, but thankfully this mama had taken plenty of supplies for s'mores, so we always had something to eat!




I don't think I would ever tire of the wild call of the loon on the lake!  I wish you could see the loons better, but you can certainly hear her call of distress as Keith and Douglas got too close to her chick!

MVI 3352 from Erin on Vimeo.


And now we are home again.  I spent my morning trying to finalize curriculum choices for this coming school year.  Because, folks, it is almost August and it would be a good idea to have school materials here before too long, you know?

2 comments

  1. Glad you had such a wonderful vacation. I would love to go there sometime and eat lobster! My parents said it is much cheaper there. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!