Brought to You by the Letter 'B'

B-b-b back to school! We started yesterday.   Eliana is starting kindergarten, Annika is in 1st grade, Casper in 4th, Freeland in 6th, and Douglas in 9th.  We also have 2 extra girls living with us for a little while.  They are both 14 and both still learning English having come to the US from China less than a year ago.  Our little classroom is full to overflowing and the teacher/mama is pretty well shot by the end of the day!  But we have had good days and look forward to the year!

B-b-b bumps in the night.  You know how I said this mama has been a little tired by the end of the day?  Well, after a certain 5 year old crawled into bed beside me for the third time last night I gave up on putting her back in her bed and turned over and went back to sleep.  Around 4:30ish there was a loud bump as said 5 year old fell off of our rather high bed.  Thankfully, I am an awesome housekeeper and there was NOT a laundry basket full of unfolded clothes setting beside the bed.  That could have really hurt her, you know, if she had hit a laundry basket! Ahem, anyway... She cried quite a lot but I just hauled her back up and groggily told her to be quiet and go back to sleep, which she did fairly quickly.



Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and realized said 5 year old had a B-b-b busted lip!  It is all bloody and swollen and looks terrible.  I just might win the Worst Mom of the Year Award over that one!  I told my baby to be quiet and go back to sleep when she was battered and bleeding!

So... what are your most stellar parenting moments this week?!

4 comments

  1. Ugh. Much yelling in my house this week. A lot by my three-year-old but probably more by me. So not proud of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Poor baby! I've done not so wonderful choices like that myself...awww, poor Mommy and poor wee one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well she probably bled on your pillow...
    No stellar parenting yet, but it's only Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, poor baby girl. :( Although your story made me smile, and I needed to smile this afternoon. ;) I did a similar thing last week when I thought that C was crying and crying just because she had dropped a small plastic cup on her foot. Well, no. After thinking she was just being dramatic for like half an hour, I looked at her toe and realized it was black and blue from stubbing it on the hutch where the cup had fallen from. Ay yi yi.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!