I'll Love You For Now

For the past three weeks we have had an "extra" daughter.  We have entered the realm of "respite care providers", a position I never really saw myself in because, you know, it is too hard!  Well, God seems to just smile when I decide something is too hard, because it seems like something generally comes along that fits neatly into that category.

Our new "daughter" is 14.  She was adopted from China almost a year ago.  She is sweet and funny and quite helpful.  She is also {understandably} a little confused about everything that is happening and has happened.

We don't know how long she will be here.  We don't know how everything will turn out for her.  We don't know how she will process everything and move forward from this point.  But we do believe in the healing power of love.  She is ours to love and protect for today.  Each morning I tell myself, "Today I have her here.  Today I will love her as if there is no tomorrow." 

I don't know how many of you remember this post where I said, 

"My desire is to go wherever I need to go.  And do whatever I need to do.  And love every child of any age that I can love, whether for a day or for a lifetime."   I meant it.  I still mean it. 

I don't know if this is for a few weeks or for a lifetime, but I do know I'll love you for now!


2 comments

  1. Sometimes God checks if we really mean what we say :^) Check in sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, can you tell me more about being a respite care provider?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!