Our Weekend

We had very special guests here over the weekend.  My parents came from Texas to visit us and, while the time was short, we did pack a lot of fun and very, very special moments into the two days they were at our house.

Eliana and Grandpa Sams


On Friday evening we went to my sister's for a hot dog roast.  My sister's family raises flowers to sell at their market and one of my nieces loves to dry different kinds of flowers and makes gorgeous bouquets out of them.  She has a little area in their barn loft that she calls her "Wildflower Workshop".



On Saturday we went to the benefit auction for the Clinic for Special Children.  We always love going to this auction.  They sell all kinds of things, but the main attractions, at least for me, are the food and the quilts.  Good food and beautiful quilts for a good cause?  I'm all in!


Chopping pork for the bar-b-que sandwiches




Mariner's Compass quilt, one of my favorites!
And then on Sunday Douglas was baptized.  He decided to become a Christian several weeks ago and it has been such a precious, meaningful time for our family.  It was very special that all of his living grandparents could be present at the service.




3 comments

  1. Wonderful news on the baptism! That is something wonderful to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a wonderful weekend! Do you have any more quilt pictures. My mom realized she didn't have one of her quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check to see if I have a decent one, Chris. I have quite a few quilt photos. I'll email them to you.

      Delete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!