Evolution

Life is constantly evolving.  Circumstances change.  Health changes.  Children grow and have new and different needs.  New opportunities come up, old challenges resolve themselves or become irrelevant.



Right now we are in such a nice stage of family life.  Everybody is pretty independent.  They all sleep all night, dress themselves, clean their own rooms (more or less), and basically take care of their own needs.  And, while I miss the little baby stage and would go back there in a heartbeat, it is nice.  On the other hand, no one is yet old enough to drive, so they can not be too independent yet. It is a time I want to treasure because I know all too well how quickly it changes!



As I'm writing this all three boys are practicing their music. There was a time when I would have groaned at this level of noise and confusion in the house. I LOVE quiet!  But I also love my boys and I love to see them grew and develop in this area.  When I asked the boys to write down 3 things that make them feel loved one of the things Douglas wrote down was, "That you are willing to pay for music lessons for me."  That made me smile.

We are well in to our second year of homeschooling.  This is another evolving part of our lives. Some things work. Some things don't.  We are learning together what works for each child.  We recently moved Annika's little FisherPrice table upstairs.  Each morning we put it right beside the sofa where I spend a lot of time.  She and Eliana sit there to do their work.  It is so perfect for us!  I can see everything they are doing and step them through the new parts. It is such a simple little thing that has made school mornings so much easier.

My health issues also continue to evolve.  Slowly, slowly I am getting better.  I am learning to cope with on going issues and I am wrapping my mind around needing to deal with this.  It isn't easy.  I would really like to follow a treatment plan and be finished, but that is not where I am and accepting that fact makes it easier to move forward.

My work with Superkids Charity is another evolving part of my life.  I never thought that the people I traveled to China with and the children I met would become such a huge part of my everyday life!  I am so thankful for this!  Each child is very special to me and I hold each one in my heart.  To see families excitedly pursuing adopting one of "my babies" is one of the sweetest things I have ever experienced.

Eliana with Pat Marcus at a recent Gladney event.

So there you have it.  Life keeps moving and changing.  It reminds me of the constant.  My one constant desire to constantly grow closer to God and grow in His likeness.  Through all of life's changes I want to keep that one goal front and center.

"Through every period of my life Thy goodness I'll pursue
And after death in distant worlds the glorious theme renew...

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!