Passing It On... {Chocolate No-Bake Cookie Recipe}

In order for you to understand the significance of what I'm about to tell you I'm going to have to take you back in time a bit.  Just a bit, you know, to the time when I was about Annika's age and I learned to make Chocolate No Bake Cookies.  These cookies became my thing.  I made them whenever I could.  Anytime we needed a quick snack or dessert.  I even entered them in the fair. Twice.  I won a blue ribbon with these cookies!  These cookies are part of my identity.  I'm not sure I should put this out there, because, well, I'm a self-respecting adult now, but my family ended up naming these cookies after me. Since I come from a family who used crazy nick-names these cookies will go down in history as Hootie Bars (don't ask!) with my family.

So, now that you get where I'm coming from on this, I'll tell you that Annika made these cookies all by herself for the first time this evening.  Need I say more?








She did her Mama proud and even licked the pan properly when she was finished.  That's my girl!




And now the recipe:

2 cups sugar
3 T. cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk

Mix together in a large kettle. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Let boil 1 minute, remove from heat.

Stir in:
1 cup peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
3 cups quick oats

Drop by spoonfuls on to wax paper.  Cool. Eat. You are welcome!


2 comments

  1. Hootie bars!? snicker, snicker :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. The humiliation I suffer for your amusement. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!