{Guest Post by Hannah}




So this is my first time on the SuperKids trip,and not only that but Also my first time in China! I have had a lot of exciting new experiences-trying to fumble food into my mouth with chopsticks, dodging the motorcycles on the sidewalks, watching people work in their rice patties with the water buffalo, interacting with the sweet children that we flew around the world  to see. It is so rewarding to see the kids' faces light up! Who says you have to speak the same language to have fun?! We pull out the balls,bubbles,mirrors,hair bows, and fruit snacks and before you know it we are having a party!



But then there are always the ones that hang back and are not quite as quick to jump in on all the activity and fun. I cannot describe the thrill I get when one of those sober little faces finally crack into a smile. Or when they finally mold into your arms and lay their sweet head on your shoulder. This is when I am reminded that each child no matter how withdrawn or outgoing or tiny or sick or handicapped each child has a purpose and value.



I am so excited to think about the potential and opportunities some of these kids will have when they find their families and can love and be loved and have the chance that all children should have.



1 comment

  1. these kids are really sober, i have my experiences with these little pearls. they are too much lovely to talk and play with. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!