Impressions

I came back to the hotel over lunch time and thought I would take the time to record a few of  my impressions from the morning. Again many of the children I recognized from last year.  It is such an amazing privilege to be allowed to go in to the orphanage and take so many pictures and to kiss and cuddle babies and hear the older children express their desire to belong to a family.

Well, I didn't get far with my impressions over lunch time.  It is now evening.  We are finished for the day and back in our room.

First I just have to say how much I am enjoying having my little sister with us this year.  She is such a huge blessing!  She has jumped right in and is making herself part of the team.  The children love her.  And it is so fun for me to watch her interacting with and loving on the kiddos!



I wish I could tell you all about so many special little moments of this day.  Today I was less busy than I was yesterday and had more time to hold little ones. There is just no feeling like recognizing a child you have thought about all year then taking them in to your arms and hugging and kissing them!



This morning Chelsea and I weren't needed in the room for a bit and went exploring.  We ended up seeing a little boy who seemed sad so went in to play with him.  He was in a wheelchair and really just wanted some interaction so we played with him for awhile and were soon joined by another little boy who wanted to join in the fun.  Neither could walk, but they ran Chelsea ragged with the game they invented with a ball.  We printed pictures for them and generally enjoyed interacting with them.

Please keep praying for us and for the children we meet!


2 comments

  1. Love the updates. Praying for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i truly appreciate and respect what you did for the boy in wheelchair... you brought me to tears :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!