On To The Jiangxi Province

Today we spent the morning seeing more children in the Hunan province.  I keep mentioning the children that was saw last year and again this year, but we also met a bunch of new sweeties.  One of the things we like about the orphanage is that the children really know how to play, this is somewhat unusual and shows that they are exposed to play activities.  Each morning the nannies gathered children around a little table just outside of the room we were in and did various activities with them.  It was so good to see this type of interaction!




This afternoon we got in a van and drove to our first stop in the Jiangxi province.



We again saw some kiddos we met last year as well as some new babies.  What a bunch of cuties!  We got to cuddle a little girl who was only about 3 weeks old!  We all watched in the awe the tiny babies inspire as she yawned, sneezed, and hiccuped. Why is it that only babies can make those thing look so cute?!



We also had the experience of presenting a walker to a girl who needed it rather badly, but I'm pretty sure Pat will want to tell everyone about that!



As I lie here on the bed after another delicious dinner (OK.  Not the soup.  I wasn't sure if Rocky said it was duck or donkey we were eating, but Hannah found a knuckle that looked pretty duck-ish and I found things that pointed more toward donkey, so I decided maybe it was both...)  I am listening to the constant blowing of the horns and trying to figure out how we are going to actually sleep tonight.  Hannah just laughed when I suggested running the noisy shower all night.  Admittedly the drain isn't the greatest, so not the best idea.  So now I'm going to try to find white noise on the TV.  It is pretty hot in here and the AC shows no signs of correcting that any time soon.  The bed is hard, and ash trays and matches are provided in a "non-smoking" room. And...

I just can't get over how blessed I am to be here.  To meet these amazing children, to have moments that will be memories I will cherish for a life time.  Most people don't get to do what I am doing.  And I am truly thankful!


1 comment

  1. that newborn is too lovely.. she is so cute and dear :) the next time you visit her, give her lots of love and comfort.. God bless you both

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!