Peace In The Pounding Waves

I've had some hard days recently.  No reason really, just too busy, and feeling the stress of getting ready to go to China plus appointments and other obligations and responsibilities.  One of the weird things about Lupus, for me at least, is that stress greatly increases my other symptoms.  The more up tight I feel, the worse I feel in every way.



For several weeks I've had this (probably unreasonable) longing to go sit on the beach and listen to the waves come pounding in.  I've mentioned it a couple of times, but it really isn't very practical since it is a couple of hours drive for us to get to the nearest beach.



On Sunday morning I was very stiff and sore.  We were talking about visiting another church but weren't sure whether we should.  I said, a little wistfully, "Maybe we should go to the ocean..." And that was all it took.  Away we went.




We found a secluded place on Long Beach Island.  I sat in my chair while Keith and the children enjoyed the water.  I listened as the waves pounded on the shore.  I thought about God.  My little mind cannot wrap itself around a God so great that this vast expanse of water is like a drop in a bucket to Him!



I remembered how David said that God's thoughts toward His people are more than the sands of the sea shore.  And those thoughts of God, those pounding waves, washed the stress and frustration from my heart and mind. I am so amazed by God's love, care, and provision for me.  I have been praying for peace and clarity, and I'm thankful that God used those waves to remind me again of His greatness.


1 comment

  1. this is so true. our little minds cannot wrap themselves around our God so Great. He is always there, blessing us..

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!