Life...

Has been very rough the last little bit.  Things were sailing along and I was doing so well with recovery, and suddenly I began to feel really horrible.  I will spare you the details, but it's not been good.  Maybe the worst part is that I have felt something akin to despair on top of the additional physical issues.  Thoughts like, "I will never get better, this is just the life I'm going to live" or, "My children deserve a mother who is able to take care of them" have plagued me.  It's been very difficult and debilitating.  I've done a lot of crying this week.



But... Thank God there is always a but!  Today I'm feeling a little better and it helps me to see things from a different perspective again. We are still not sure what my issue is this time, but we are testing and should know something soon.  As always, my support network is absolutely amazing with Keith and the kiddos leading the pack.  They never seem to tire of cheering me onward and upward, even when I can only manage a slow, painful hobble forward.

One question that keeps rolling around in my mind is, "What about school?"  We haven't started yet and I suppose we won't until I'm back on track with my health.  But that is one of the beautiful things about homeschooling, right?  We did get our school room all cleaned and ready, so when the time comes, we have everything all set up.  All five children will be in school this year.  I love getting everything ready and will be so excited when we can actually begin!



In the meantime they are enjoying the freedom of summer and the gorgeous weather we have been having.  In reality, in spite of my dire thoughts, they are doing quite well.  Everybody is so healthy and happy, growing and thriving, it is a wonderful thing to see.

We are staying close to home these days. (I mean yesterday I walked out to the picnic area and back and felt as if I had been on a major expedition...) Thankfully there are a lot of things for everyone to do around here.  The current favorite activity is building secret hide-outs in the woods then moving it to a new location when the siblings figure out where it is.  It is amazing how many hours have been spent moving hide-outs in the last couple of weeks!



So, there you go, an update on our life.  Onward and upward and there is always hope, my friends!

1 comment

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!