The Finish Line

I'm going to talk a bit more about our Texas trip. I'm also going to tell you a bit about my husband. I know every couple functions differently and what is perfect for one couple isn't for another, but I am so thankful that God knew that I would need Keith.




We really had a great, though busy trip. By the time we got back to my parents' house after our trip to San Angelo I was just so tired. We got in late after meeting Eli and Kelly Meier. (Separate post coming on that! Suffice it to say, we enjoyed that evening as much as we expected to, which is saying a lot!) The next day was our last day at my parents. We had a huge amount of laundry to do and all of the packing.




Keith loaded up all of the laundry and took it to a laundromat and knocked it all out at once. He brought it back mostly folded and ready to be packed. I fully intended to pack it, but all of my sisters and sisters-in-law from the area were there and we all sat out under the trees visiting for most of the afternoon. Keith packed everything, cleaned out the van, loaded everything up, and had everything ready to go while I enjoyed holding the baby nieces and visiting.




Saturday morning Keith, Douglas, my brother Jesse, and a couple of other people we know ran a half-marathon in Dallas. I was so proud of all of them for training and finishing!




That afternoon we went to an airshow in Fort Worth. The Thunderbirds were very impressive to watch! Several of my family came in too and it was such a fun, perfect ending to our trip. But it was hot! About 90 degrees with the sun beating down on us the whole time. Again, my sweet husband made sure he blocked me from the sun as much as possible. So I sat in comparative comfort while he took the brunt of the direct sun.



We all set up our chairs in the shade of a massive plane after the show was finished and visited and ate funnel cakes for a while. It was truly the perfect end to a wonderful trip!

Waiting on our 6:20 A.M. flight at D/FW.

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!