One Room School



While we are here in Texas our children are attending the little one room school that my sister, Hannah, teaches at. There are normally twelve students ranging from second to seventh grade. Hannah and one other teacher do all of the teaching. Half of the students are my nieces and nephews.







We use a lot of the same curriculum, so it is easy for our children to fit right in when we visit here, and, oh my, do they ever love it! They can't get over the thrill of packing lunches and choosing games at recess! And I also enjoy the little break for the time we are here, so it is a win/win situation for us. (We won't ask the teachers what they think...)





This morning I went out and snapped a few pictures during their devotional period. They were singing songs like This Is The Day and Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee and reviewing facts from previous devotions like "How old was Noah when the flood began?". As I left the older students were reciting the poem Paul Revere's Ride out on the porch so as not to disturb the younger students class.






These two teachers put so much effort into teaching the children and they are doing such a great job! The children and their parents are very fortunate to have them!


2 comments

  1. The pictures are so sweet, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a field trip we took to a one room schoolhouse. 😄

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!