INFJ

A couple of years ago I took the Briggs/Myers personality test. I read the results and laughed quietly to myself about how accurately it described me. (Well, except that the "J" should mean that I'm all organized and very careful about how everything is done! I assume the young lady who helps me doesn't read this blog, but if she did, the tales she could tell...) I sent a text to Keith because I was amused by it. And that is where it stopped.

That is, until a few months ago, when this test resurfaced in an email group that Keith is part of and he took the test. Needless to say, his personality is quite different from mine. He is an ENFP. He was also amazed at how accurately the test described him. But where I laughed quietly to myself and told one person, he shared it with family, friends, and co-workers. He learned lessons from it and shared it with others. He mentioned it in Sunday School and generally used it as an opportunity to learn something about himself and other people.

And I think my favorite part was just our different ways of handling it which fit our personalities exactly.

Anyway, my other favorite part is that now I'm throwing it out there. I'm INFJ according to this test. And, as I like to tell all of my friends (Okay, okay, BOTH of my friends...) I share a personality with Mother Teresa and Nelson Mandela and a few other people I won't bother mentioning because well, Mother Teresa...

Oh, and one more favorite thing, the website gives recommendations for which personality type each type should marry. You guessed it, it suggests that INFJ's and ENFP's make good partners. But we didn't need some silly website to tell us that we are perfectly suited for one another...

So tell me, what about you? What personality are you? Is it accurate?


3 comments

  1. I'm an INFJ too! =) It describes me almost perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, that is interesting! Do you also like to tell people that Mother Teresa shares our personality type? 😊

      Delete
    2. actually didn't know she did before I read it here, but that's really neat! =)

      Delete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!