The Drop Box


Keith and I, along with another couple, went to see the newly released Focus on the Family film, The Drop Box, on Tuesday evening.

I had high expectations. I wasn't disappointed. It rang true.

It was intense and emotional. I laughed and I cried.

It shows Pastor Lee and his wife as being involved in a life and death struggle. A struggle that leaves them exhausted, and is ruining his health. The never-ending demands on them was very evident. Their work is thankless, and controversial.

I loved that they aptly presented the debate as to whether the baby box is actually good for society as a whole. And I believe they also aptly showed the importance of the work that Pastor Lee is doing, but did so in a way that respects, rather than trying to silence, the other side of the debate.

At one point in the film the pastor says, "God, if this is what it means, I can't do this job!" But he continues on, because he believes in his calling. And because babies are dying on the streets.

I guess I just loved the authenticity. It isn't glorious. It is messy and hard and controversial. But it is necessary. And one family is doing what they can to make a difference. That is what I loved the most.

1 comment

  1. It sounds like a wonderful film, I am going to try and see it. Thanks my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!