Together Called 2015

Wow! I really did expect to love Together Called. I love the whole idea of providing refreshment and inspiration for Christian adoptive couples. But I didn't know we would enjoy it as much as we did! I think next year we will go all in and stay overnight too. It was that great!

From the worship leaders to the main speaker to the breakout sessions to the wonderful food and beautiful atmosphere it was truly a refreshing time. And that doesn't even take into account that every single couple there "gets" adoptive parenting.



The main speaker was Randy Bohlender. His wife was unable to be there due to a "surprise" adoption situation coming up for their family, but what he shared was so refreshing and challenging. One thing I'll be mulling over for a while is the question: "Who am I?" He challenged us to describe ourselves without including what we do. That is pretty hard to do! But our value to and identity in God is not based on what we do, but on who we are.



We attended a breakout session on caring for the caregiver which was a wonderful reminder that an empty vessel can't keeping pouring out blessings on our children. We also attended a superb breakout session on parenting biological and adopted siblings. Between the testimony of the adult adoptee dad and the video interview of the session leader's children it was just beautiful! And yes, it had me a bit teary a good portion of the time!

If you have heard of Together Called and wondered if it is worth the time and effort to attend, I would have to say it certainly is! What is not to love about spending time away as a couple being renewed and refreshed?

1 comment

  1. when we went in to do that interview, it was just an ordinary day. Now I'm beginning to see how my, and my siblings words where able to impact the adoption community. I'm so glad that the seemingly mundane facts of our lives were able to truly touch people.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!