I'm Home



I had a very uneventful trip home. It was a very full flight, but the seat beside me was empty. It made such a huge difference to be able utilize that space a bit! The flight was 13 hours long, but it seemed to go by quickly thanks to a couple of good books, a movie, and a little nap.

In the Beijing airport



The family was there waiting for me when I arrived. Douglas and Freeland met me inside and I was glad to hand my luggage over to them as soon as I saw them! We headed out and were waiting for Keith and the three youngest to pull up when I was suddenly almost bowled over by Annika. They had pulled in a bit down from where we were waiting. I quickly headed that way and was met by Eliana and Casper part way there. I looked up to see Keith waiting beside the vehicle with a huge smile on his face. All was suddenly right in my world!

I took the day off yesterday, then started the task of sorting through pictures this morning. I start with the children who are matched so that families don't have to wait too long to see updated pictures! Over the next few days I will spend hours editing, organizing, and uploading photos!

I'm so thankful that jet lag has not been too bad either going to China or coming home. I am a little tired, but I've been sleeping well at night and felt pretty good during the day.

We are settling in and gearing up to finish up the school year. Both Casper and Annika are finished with several subjects, so our school days are already getting lighter.



In other important family news Eliana just learned to ride her bike and Annika just lost another tooth. They just won't stop growing up!

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!