It Happens Every Time

I do it every time. I plan for the trip to China. I think about everything I need. I prepare myself for the physical and emotional exhaustion that comes and I think I know what to expect and that I have a handle on things.




And then I get here. A a thousand little moments are packed in to every single day. Love. Heartbreak. Joy. Tears. Laughter. Over and over and over. All day, every day. And it is amazing. It is hard and exhausting and emotionally draining. But it is good.




Today we delivered packages to children who have families.


We snuggled babies and played with older kids.



We cuddled a little boy who wasn't doing very well physically. We also were able to advocate for better care for him. I wish I could tell you what all the medical team did for children today. I'll have to see if one of them will write a post for the Superkids blog about the different ways they help children. It is so much more than just assessing them. There is caregiver training and some ingenious, spur of the moment resourcefulness that improves the quality of life for so many children.

Tomorrow we travel to another orphanage to see more children and do it all over again.


1 comment

  1. What a wonderful experience! It is something that I would love to do. I had made arrangements with Amanda from Starfish Foster Home, to volunteer there for 2 weeks. She was going to takw me to the orphanges to pick up a baby, if I came at the right time. Unfortunately, she had cancer and died. We support a baby girl there, that was adopted in China. The most amazing experience of my life was going along to get my granddaughter in Hunan.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!