Reflections

I am sitting in a hotel room in Shanghai, China. My mind travels back to the first time I was here, that time with Keith, and that time to add a little daughter to our family. What an amazing experience that was. We did not experience China the way I get to on Superkids trips because we were on our own a lot more and our focus was on our new little daughter and what she needed.

This is now my fourth time to be in Shanghai. Certain things are becoming more familiar. Things that made me nervous the first time I traveled with Superkids are now just par for the course. I remember fearing how I would respond to seeing the children. I was so fearful that I would be too emotional or not be able to connect with them Now I know that, on hard days, I can hold it together until I get back to the hotel. I know that it is almost always possible to connect with every child if you are just tuned in to them.

There are certain children that I have seen every time I have been to Shanghai Children's Home. Of course, it makes me sad to see them there year after year. But I'm also very excited to see them again! And one little boy whom we have seen every year now has a family doing the paperwork to bring him home! Hoe wonderful is that!?

I need to run down for breakfast now. Pray for me as you think about it!

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!