Happy 16th Birthday, Douglas!

So the eldest hit quite a huge mile-stone today. How can he possibly actually be 16?!



We started the day bright and early. Douglas and I headed off to the Bookin' for Books 5K run in Intercourse. Him to run and me to take photos.


From there we hit IHOP for breakfast. I'll just tell you now, raspberry white chocolate chip pancakes are very impressive and birthday worthy fare!



We headed home to meet up with the rest of the family, then went to the driver's license center. We were all pretty sad that they were closed today for Memorial Day. It looks like we will be headed back down as soon as they open on Tuesday morning! I have a boy who needs a driver's permit!



This evening we all enjoyed dinner together at Fiesta Mexico.




It was a good day. He gets his gift on Monday when Keith is taking him to Carnegie Hall in NYC to hear a performance directed by John Rutter. This was the gift he requested and Keith is more than happy to take him!

To the fine young man who made me a mother, happy birthday! I love you more than you can even imagine!

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!