Big Cities, Boating, and Bowling {Oh Yeah, and Busy,Busy, Busy}

We have been just a tad busy...

Summer break is in full swing at the Martin household!

On Saturday Keith wanted to go to Harrisburg to meet a friend, so we all went and the children and I had fun wandering through the Broad Street Market, taking photos, and going to Strawberry Square and visiting The Whitaker Center where we watched the IMax film Pandas 3-D. I loved watching the familiar misty mountains of China in the film!







Monday I had a Superkids meeting in NYC. So Freeland and I headed out in the morning and he got to experience his first ride on a subway! We had a fun, though tiring day. He had to sit and wait patiently through the meeting, but it was fun to spend some one-on-one time together the rest of the day!




Yesterday we went boating with friends. It was so fun watching everyone enjoy themselves so thoroughly! The girls went tubing for the first time, Douglas (briefly) tried skiing, and Freeland got to fish. Eliana was hilarious on the tube. I expected her to be terrified. Was I ever wrong on that one! She loved it and kept motioning for us to go faster! She also seemed to not care a hoot about the importance of holding on. I was so sure she was going to slide off, but she didn't and the glory of it all remains unmarred in her memory.










And that brings us to today. I signed the children up for the Kids Bowl Free program this summer, so we are trying out bowling. I have to say, it is surprising to me how much they enjoy it!





No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!