One Year Ago... {A Post of Gratitude}

One year ago today I had emergency back surgery. The pain and loss of function leading up to that surgery were horrific pretty significant. I wasn't sure I would ever walk without assistance again (I wasn't just being dramatic). I used a walker for a couple of months and a cane for awhile after that.



I don't think you can tell that I still have a numb foot and lower leg. Most of the time it functions normally. Aside from a little weakness it really doesn't impact me that much. (OK, I don't exactly do any power walking or hiking... and it gets so tired it feels like it is going to fall off from time to time...but seriously, it isn't too bad!)

I think of all of the things that I can do and I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. Because one year ago I just didn't know.
Psalm 103:1-3

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and all that is within me,
    bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
    who heals all your diseases,

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!