Classical Conversations Practicum and Camps

So the crew and I did something new this week. We attended a Classical Conversations Practicum (me) and camps (the crew). Now I tend to read quite a bit about things I'm interested in and research pretty extensively. I've been reading about Classical Conversations for a couple of years. So, to be quite honest, I was bored stiff pretty familiar with the material that was shared.



Not that the subject material wasn't good. It was just a little too familiar to actually engage my mind for three whole days.




But the children? Now that was a different story! They had so much fun. They did science experiments, they drew maps, they learned about continents and oceans. They made friends and colored pictures and learned fun songs in English and an African dialect. Eliana's teacher comment about her was that "she has the purest little heart." That sums my baby girl up perfectly.



Today each camp gave a little demo for the parents. Eliana was front and center in her group. At the end of each song or recitation she (and she alone) gave a deep, dramatic bow. It was hysterical! She is so full of joy. It amazes me over and over.


Science camp is over now. Shortly after we got home this afternoon the curriculum I had ordered arrived. Annika can't decide if she would rather sleep all day tomorrow or get up early and start school. Thankfully it isn't up to her!

1 comment

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!