And We Have A Driver!

Yesterday was a big day in the Martin household! Douglas and I ran up to Elizabethville so that he could take his driver's test. I'm pretty sure I was more nervous than he was as he and the instructor walked out together. It seemed like they were gone for much longer than they actually were and the minutes between seeing the car pull back in and him walking through that door stretched on interminably. But the minute he walked in he gave me a thumbs up! The instructor said, "He says you can ride in the back on the back seat on the way home because he doesn't need you in the front anymore!"
iPhone picture is the best we've got!

This morning I sent him out on a local errand by himself, I think we are both going to like this new phase! I can't say I wasn't a little nervous, but not too bad.

Parenting is such a strange mixture of joys and sorrows. I couldn't be more thrilled for him, but I know that this really is a huge step in the process of him becoming completely independent, and that is such a strange feeling.

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!