Rough Patch

I've hit another rough patch with health issues. I know it is to be expected, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with it. Everything is just so much more difficult when it hurts to move and the exhaustion is overwhelming.But we are hanging in there knowing that better days are just around the corner.

The excitement is high around here as we prepare for Christmas. Last night we exchanged names for gifts, so now everyone knows who they are buying a gift for. Now we have to plan our special times as we take each child out for dinner and to do their shopping. I get to buy for Annika and I can't wait to go shopping for her! I also can't wait to spend an evening out with the three children I take shopping. I so treasure these sweet traditions.

Later this week we are going to put up our winter village. We don't do a huge amount of decorating, but we do love our pretty village!

We drove around looking at lights the other evening.

I love this time of year with the emphasis on kindness and giving. I love watching the children think carefully about what their siblings would treasure. I love the focus on and celebration of Jesus' birth.

So I guess I'm saying that we are excited about and enjoying this season even while needing to take everything very slowly thanks to health issues. Maybe the health issues are a blessing in disguise, forcing us to slow way, way down. (At least, I would like to be that accepting and resigned.)

On Friday evening, the children have a Christmas program with the choir they sing in. Keith is singing O Holy Night while Douglas plays the accompaniment on the piano as part of the program. They have been practicing in the evenings. There is something really special about watching them share this thing they both love so much!

Oh yeah, and on Saturday evening at 7 Freeland is playing his guitar with a group of guitarists at the Legend Cafe in Lebanon. He would be thrilled to see family and friends there!

No comments

I love hearing from friends ~ new and old!